To lose belly fat, you must restrict your calorie intake or consume only the amount of calories that you can burn each day. To do so, you must keep a close eye on your calorie intake and engage in regular exercise to burn more calories.
Here are 10 exercises you can do at home to reduce within 10 minutes to lose belly fat
Table of contents
1. Burpees –
This exercise works your core, as well as your chest, shoulders, lats, triceps, and quads. Burpees will also get your heart pumping because they involve explosive plyometric movement.
How to do burpees:
- In a low squat, stand with your feet shoulder-distance apart and lower your body toward the ground by sending your hips back.
- Then, with your hands just outside of your feet, hop backwards until your chest touches the floor.
- Lift your body into a plank by pressing your hands against the floor, then jump your feet just outside of your hands.
- Jump explosively into the air with your arms overhead, your weight in your heels.
2. Leg raise
The leg raise is a strength-training exercise that focuses on the iliopsoas muscle group. Leg raises are commonly used to strengthen the rectus abdominis muscle because the abdominal muscles are used isometrically to stabilize the body during the motion. It is a very good 10 minutes to lose belly fat.
How to do leg raise:
- Lie down with your legs straight and together on your back.
- Place your hands by your sides and lift your legs to the ceiling until your butt is no longer on the floor.
- Return your legs to the ground slowly.
- Take your legs up again after a brief pause of 2-3 seconds. Repeat this 10 minute workout
3. Side-to-Side Medicine Ball Slams –
Medicine ball slams are a fast-paced, high-intensity, high-metabolic exercise that works for multiple muscle groups.
How to do lateral medicine ball slams:
- With the medicine ball on one side, stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Pick up the ball and slam it a few inches away from your pinky toe while rotating your body.
- To catch the ball on one bounce, pivot your feet and bend your back knee as you come into a split squat position.
- Switch sides halfway through. As you bring the ball overhead and to the side, make sure your core is tight. This will help in fat burn
4. V-ups –
The V-Up is a full-body exercise that targets the core, legs, back, and shoulders. “It is the best Exercise to lose belly fat. Fitness buffs love this exercise because it works both the upper and lower abdominal muscles at the same time.”
How to do V-ups:
- Extend your arms behind your head while lying on your back. Toes should be pointed and feet should be kept together.
- Lift both your legs and your upper body off the floor while keeping your legs straight.
- Reach for your toes while keeping your core tight.
- Return to your original position by lowering yourself.
5. The Stomach Vacuum –
The stomach vacuum exercise is a low-impact exercise that focuses more on your breathing than on raising your heart rate. It’s a fantastic way to get rid of belly fat.
How to do stomach vacuum:
- Place your hands on your hips and stand upright on the floor.
- Exhale as much air as you can at this point. You should feel as if you don’t have any air in your lungs.
- Then, expand your chest and take in as much of your stomach as you can and hold it. Do this Exercise to lose belly fat, everyday
6. Russian Twists –
It entails holding a sit-up position with your feet off the ground while rotating your torso from side to side, to Lose belly fat Fast.
How to do Russian twists:
- Sit tall on the floor, knees bent and feet raised off the ground. With your hands at chest height, hold a medicine ball.
- Lean back with a long, tall spine, your torso at a 45-degree angle, and your arms a few inches from your chest.
- Turn your torso right, pause, and squeeze your right oblique muscles, then turn your torso left, pause, and squeeze your left oblique muscles.
- Your ribs, not your arms, should be the source of movement.
7. Reverse Crunches –
The reverse crunch targets the transverse abdominals, which are the stomach’s deepest muscle. It’s one of the most effective ways, especially for women, to lose lower belly fat.
How to do reverse crunches:
- Lie comfortably on your back with your legs stretched out and your arms by your sides.
- Bring your knees to chest level by bending them and lifting them off the floor. This is where it all begins.
- Roll your pelvis upward until your knees are almost touching your brow.
- Hold the pose for a few moments before lowering your pelvis to the starting position, keeping your knees close to your chest.
8. Lunge Twist –
This is a beginner’s workout for those looking to lose belly fat quickly. It also strengthens your core and is a great lower-body exercise.
“This can also be used as a warm-up exercise to get the blood flowing to a large number of muscles at once.”
How to do lunge twist:
- Your legs should be hip-width apart when you stand. You should have a slight bend in your knees.
- Now, place both of your hands in front of you, aligning them with your shoulders and keeping them parallel to the ground.
- Place your left foot forward in a lunge position.
- Now, with your torso, twist your upper body to the left.
- Next, try reaching across your left side with your outstretched arms.
- Consider pointing your belly button to the left.
- Think of pointing to the left from your belly button.
9. Leg ins and outs –
Leg ins and outs are a pilates and warm-up exercise that focuses on the abs, glutes, hip flexors, and quads to a lesser extent.do this exercise to lose belly fat at home, easily.
How to do leg ins and outs:
- Sit with your knees bent and your feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Maintain a hand on your hips. The soles of your feet and hands should support your entire body weight.
- Slowly extend and retract your legs toward your chest.
10. Mountain Climbers –
This is a great way to strengthen your arms, back, shoulders, core, and legs. Climbers can also help with reflex speed, joint movement, and overall stability.
How to do Mountain Climbers :
- Put your hands directly under your shoulders and tuck your toes into a high plank position. Make sure your back is in a straight line.
- Bring your right knee close to your chest, pause, then return it to its original position.
- Carry on with your left leg in the same manner. It should appear as if you’re running on your knees.
Q1. Which exercises in a routine will help you lose belly fat?
A few cardio exercises can help you burn calories and lose belly fat, but they must be done for the entire body. You can choose to walk, run, or jog. Walking for 30 to 45 minutes at a brisk pace four to five days a week or more will suffice. Once you’ve gained some lung strength, you can progress to jogging at a steady pace for the same amount of time, and finally incorporate a few minutes of running into your daily routine.
Q2. To lose belly fat, how long should you exercise each day?
On most days, try 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise. Twice a week, do some aerobic exercise. Muscle mass can be increased through strength training.
Q3. Which exercises are the most effective at burning fat?
HIIT – high-intensity interval training, is the most efficient way to lose weight. It’s a high-intensity aerobic workout that includes sprinting or Tabata-style workouts to condition the body in a shorter amount of time than steady-state low-intensity cardio.